Dirty Work Comedy
- Aboriginal Comedy Allstars
- Aboriginal Comedy Allstars (SOTG 2016)
- Bond-a-rama: Every Bond film live on stage in 75 mins!
- Cinema Fiasco
- Damian Callinan in "The Cave To The Rave"- The Story Of Dance
- Damian Callinan in "The Cave To The Rave"- The Story Of Dance (SOTG 2012)
- Damian Callinan in The Merger - Sportsman's Night 2
- Damian Callinan's In Local News
- Dane Simpson - Aborigi-LOL (SOTG 2018)
- Daniel Townes - Snappy Title
- Harley Breen - I Heart Bunnings
- Harley Breen - The Kingswood and I (SOTG 2012)
- How to Get Rich
- Josh Earl vs. The Australian Women's Weekly Children's Birthday Cake Book
- Josh Earl vs. The Australian Women's Weekly Children's Birthday Cake Book (SOTG 2012)
- The List Operators for Kids do Compooters
- The List Operators for Kids SOTG
Dirty Work Comedy (DWC) is a small and agile, independent specialist in comedy programming and production, whose principals boast a combined forty years’ experience in the arts sector, across the world.
Particular areas of interest for DWC are regional Australian touring, children’s work, arts in health promotion, comic theatrical writing, and new comedy emerging in the south-east Asian region. Our focus is on working with a wide variety of narrative monologue, to develop and showcase boutique, high quality theatrical presentations.
Our priority is the development of new work and new audiences. The company is committed to developing commercially sustainable and artistically outstanding productions for and by under-represented communities in the arts. In addition DWC seeks to broaden people’s perception of ‘comedy’, acknowledging the suite of artistic practices that now falls under its banner.
Programming highlights have included Perth International Arts Festival, Sydney Festival, Melbourne International Arts Festival, Brisbane Powerhouse, Sydney Opera House, Adelaide Festival Centre, Sydney Children’s Festival, Queensland Performing Arts Centre, and the New Zealand, Brisbane, Sydney and Melbourne Comedy Festivals.
Internationally, DWC has toured or consulted in Edinburgh, Kuala Lumpur, London, Dublin, Dubai, Charlotte North Carolina, Vancouver, Los Angeles, Winnipeg and the Yukon.
Dirty Work Comedy (DWC) is managed by principal directors Toby Sullivan and Vanessa Rouse.
Toby is a former Associate Director of the Melbourne International Comedy Festival, where he worked primarily on the Festival’s developmental programmes. Toby ran mentoring and workshop programmes for young people, indigenous performers, and emerging artists, on a national scale, including international linkages and some TV broadcasts. He has also worked at the Melbourne Fringe Festival and has been independently producing for over twenty years.
Vanessa’s background includes twenty years’ experience working in senior management positions across flagship Australian companies and organisations, including Arena Theatre Company, Melbourne International Arts Festival, Melbourne International Comedy Festival, the National Gallery of Victoria, Arts Victoria and the Queensland Performing Arts Centre.