Two Hearts are the pop-parody comedy duo created by Joseph Moore and Laura Daniel in 2016. Since then Two Hearts have gained huge success in NZ and Internationally for their wildly-funny stage shows and on-stage/on-screen personas. Two Hearts have won-over audiences at home and abroad with their parody of modern arena-style pop shows, featuring all original songs packed with jokes, that both celebrate and ridicule all the trends of Top 40 music. It’s an arena spectacular in a 60-seat venue.
Since first collaborating in 2016 and forming Two Hearts, Joseph and Laura have gone on to create four critically successful full-length shows, performing multiple seasons in Auckland, Wellington, Melbourne, London, and Edinburgh. In 2018 the duo were nominated for the coveted Billy T Award, and since 2016 their unique comedy writing has been featured on New Zealand’s popular television shows Jono and Ben and Funny Girls.
Two Hearts have seen great success in Auckland, Wellington, and the UK and are looking to extend their reach by touring throughout New Zealand. Two Hearts will be heading to the first ever Palmy Comedy Fest in November 2019 in Laura's hometown. They will then to head to New York in February 2020 as delegates at APAP Arts Market, and will then head back to the Edinburgh Fringe in August 2020, Two Hearts are looking for further International touring opportunities in the UK, US, Canada, and Australia.
- First collaboration on music for TV series Funny Girls (July, 2016)
- Audience testing Two Hearts in Comedy Line-up shows (October - December, 2016)
- Received NZ Comedy Trust funding to develop first stage show (November, 2016)
- Dunedin Fringe Festival winner ‘Best Comedy’ and ‘Best Show’ with Two Hearts: Work, WOrk, Work, Work in progress' (March, 2017)
- Performed full-hour show ‘Two Hearts: World Tour’ in NZ Comedy festival at Q Theatre (May 2017)
- Received 2018 Billy T Award nominee (Oct 2017)
- Return season of 'Two Hearts: World Tour' with Q Theatre (Dec 2017)
- NZ Tour as part of Comedy Central line-up show ‘Another Frickin' Festival (Feb 2018)
- Performed 23 show run at Melbourne Comedy Fest (Mar 2018)
- Debuted second show ‘Two Hearts: Restart The Hearts’ in Auckland (Q Theatre) and Wellington (SanFran) comedy festivals. Won ‘Best show’ in the NZ Comedy Guild awards (May 2018)
- Performed First UK show 'Two Hearts: World Tour' in London’s NZ House Trafalgar Square (July 2018)
- Performed 'Two Hearts: Edinburgh World Tour' as a 22 show run at Underbelly in Edinburgh Fringe 2018, supported by Creative New Zealand. (August 2018)
- Debuted new show format 'HEARTcore Karaoke' as part of Auckland Fringe Festival (February 2019)
- Third full-hour show ‘Two Hearts: The Winery Tour’ in Auckland comedy festival (May 2019)
- Fourth full-hour show 'Two Hearts: The Comeback Tour' performed in Auckland (Q Theatre) and Wellington (BATS) (July 2019)
- 'Two Hearts: The Comeback Tour' performed to sold-out audience in London's NZ House, Trafalgar Square (July 2019)
- 'Two Hearts: The Comeback Tour performed a 24 show run at Underbelly in Edinburgh Fringe 2019, supported by Creative New Zealand. (August 2019)