Aug 01, 2019
Calling - Theatre, Film, Dance, Cabaret, Comedy, Live Art, Live Music...all genres.
Showcase your tour-ready work to Australian programmers.
If you are finalising or building a 2021 show tour, look out for our upcoming Spring Round, a great way to showcase your latest performing arts tour-ready work to Australian programmers. A great aid for producers applying for assistance from Australia Council’s Regional Performing Arts Touring Fund (Playing Australia) or constructing an unfunded tour schedule.
Why get involved with the NTS Spring Online round?
- It is a great aid for producers applying for assistance from Australia Council’s Regional Performing Arts Touring Fund (Playing Australia) or constructing an unfunded tour schedule.
- For producers or artists attending an Arts Market, getting involved in the Spring Round is an efficient way to gather interest from those programmers not attending. As well assisting you create pre-market awareness of your show. So you can get to the business of connecting at the market.
There are 3 stages to the Online Round:
Stage 1: is for producers to create or update Productions Listings on the National Touring Selector platform and then enter them in to the Spring Round. (Click here for more help on how to activate a subscription and add your production to the round)
Stage 2: is for programmers to research and register interest in productions. Expressing interest is not a contract. It is the programmers way of saying they’re interested in starting a conversation.
Stage 3: is the time for producers and programmers to connect. Once interest has been expressed producers can contact the programmer direct to start the conversation.
Who is the Spring Round for?
- All genres of performing arts, music & travelling film festivals
- For tours within Australia.
- Artists or producers with work ready to “tour”... a coordinated national tour or one night stands/gigs here and there.
- Artists or producers with an idea or work in development that would like to gather interest from festivals, venues, programmers to advance to the next step.
- Programmers* who manage or program a venue or a festival looking for new work.
Who is considered a Programmer?
- Organisations or individuals running a festival or music venue.
- An organisation, government/LGA managing a ‘bricks and mortar’ venue.
- A local community group that presents works at their local venue.
Who is considered a Producer?
- An individual or organisation that creates works.
- A tour Coordinator
- Sometimes a producer's usual hat is as an artist or creative.
Act Now to allow enough time to upload your production details.
Click here for more help on how to activate a subscription and add your production to the round.
- Upload a production listing to your NTS profile or update a current listing.
- Current NTS members will require a paid subscription for your production. To pay go to My Productions>select the show you wish to subscribe>click EDIT.
- Between July 29 to Aug 18 go to My Markets>click on the Spring Round logo and submit your work to the round.
Act Now to ensure you subscription is up date and make sure your presenter profile is current. Read more about the Presenters Pitch.
For more information please contact us or give NTS a call on 0427 800 157
- Entry is free to the NTS Spring Round for current subcribers.
- Entries open Monday July 29- Friday August 18 on the site
- Registration of programmer interest - August 19 - September 6
- This round is open to producers touring Australia only.
- This round is open to Australian presenters/programmers
- *Listing a Production on the NTS starts from $66 annually, showcasing your work for 12 months